Unlocking the future of health care
Innovation is deeply embedded in our DNA, letting us serve our customers in exceptional ways while helping lead our industry into the future
Everything you see at CES represents the future of health care — and we’re bringing that future alive today by making relevant, practical, personalized health care information easier for people to access across all of these popular consumer technologies.
At this year’s CES we’re showing how the two parts of our business — UnitedHealthcare, which provides health care coverage and benefits services, and Optum, which provides information and technology-enabled health services — bring health benefits and data-enabled services to individuals, families, and communities to help us on our collective path to health.
The word “innovation” in health care should not be viewed as synonymous only with “digital” or “high-tech. Though they must drive meaningful improvements, health care innovations can be both excitingly cutting-edge or pleasingly low-fi and can take a variety of forms. Some examples that represent this broad spectrum:
- An online and mobile app cost estimator tool that delivers personalized pricing and “care path” information for various treatments and procedures;
- Partnering with the Y to nationally scale a clinically proven diabetes prevention program that helps prevent the onset of the disease;
- Launching an online health and entertainment network;
- The “gamification” of health that uses video games as a tool to combat childhood obesity;
- Pop-up health information retail stores;
- A mobile application that gives members access to their health information quickly and conveniently while on the go
These and many other UnitedHealthcare and Optum innovations will be on display in our exhibit space on the CES show floor in booth #25515. You can learn more about them on the pages of this section by clicking the links under “Our Innovations” at the left, and more information is available at www.uhginnovation.com.